CBD vegan brownies are the ultimate delicious snack. They are incredibly tasty and provide a dose of CBD to supplement your diet, improve your concentration and improve your health! Our tried-and-tested recipe creates fudgy, chocolatey brownies.
CBD oil under the tongue doesn’t always taste fantastic, but baking and cooking with CBD is a fantastic way to get your dose of cannabidiol while enjoying the delicious flavours of your favourite foods! Read our CBD vegan brownies recipe below or view more CBD recipes on our blog.
This is our favourite vegan brownies recipe and has loads of chocolate chunks! If you prefer your brownies less chocolatey, you can easily adjust the amounts of chocolate to cater to your own tastes.
CBD Vegan Brownies
- 280g Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- 230ml Boiling Water
- 400g Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 70g Cocoa Powder
- 400g Sugar (a mix of brown and caster sugar works well)
- 115g dairy-free (vegan) spread
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tsp (15ml) CBD oil
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, 200g of the chocolate and boiling water until the chocolate is melted.
- Add sugar, dairy-free spread, vanilla extract and CBD into the chocolate mixture. Ensure the spread melts by continually mixing. This also ensures that the CBD is evenly distributed.
- Add the flour mix into the chocolate mixture a little at a time and whisking thoroughly. By the time all the flour is added the mixture will be very thick.
- Mix in the remaining 200g of dark chocolate chunks.
- Line a deep brownie tin with parchment paper and grease the paper to ensure the brownies don’t stick.
- Bake at 180 degrees (or 160 degrees in a fan oven) for 45 minutes to one hour, or until the brownie mixture is cooked but still soft in the middle and the edges aren’t too dark.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- It can be removed while just warm, but ensure it’s completely cool before cutting.
Quantity of CBD in your Brownies
The quantity and concentration of CBD which you add to your brownies is going to depend on the dose that you normally take (and those to whom you’re serving the brownies!). We’ve suggested the above as a great starter for those getting going with CBD. If you have chronic pain or are taking higher concentrations of CBD for another reason, then feel free to adjust the concentration and quantity of CBD in your brownies to work for you.
That’s the great thing about CBD recipes; they’re fully customisable to you!
Freezable Recipe for Instant Snacking
The brownies can also be frozen. Once they’ve cooled completely, cut them up into individual portions and pop them into the freezer. You can take them out and let them defrost, pop them into the microwave for a warm, sticky treat, or even eat them straight out of the freezer for a chewy and fudgy dessert.
Bonus Tip: If you’re going to take the brownies out of the freezer one at a time, it’s worth wrapping them in cling film to ensure they don’t stick together!